If you are in the market for a new water heater in the Twin Cities, here are some things to think about:
1. Consider the size of your household. The size of your water heater should be based on the number of people in your household and their water usage habits. A family of four will need a larger water heater than a single person.
2. Think about your energy efficiency needs. There are two types of water heaters: traditional storage tank heaters and tankless on-demand heaters. Storage tank heaters are less expensive to purchase, but they are less energy efficient. Tankless on-demand heaters are more expensive to purchase, but they are more energy efficient.
3. Choose the right fuel type. Water heaters can be powered by natural gas, propane, electricity, or oil. The type of fuel you choose will depend on your budget and the availability of fuel in your area.
4. Read the Energy Guide label. The Energy Guide label on water heaters provides information on the unit's energy efficiency and estimated annual operating cost. This information can help you compare different models and choose the most energy-efficient option for your home.
5. Get professional installation. Water heaters can be dangerous if they are not installed properly. It is important to hire a qualified plumber to install your new water heater.
We’re happy to help get a new one installed.
At Tony's Plumbing & Heating, we offer outstanding residential and commercial plumbing and heating services in the East Twin Cities metro. With our blog, we hope to bring you useful tips and tricks for ever day life!